HomeFirm OverviewAttorney ProfilesAreas of PracticeLouisiana FocusRepresentative ClientsResourcesBlogNewsContact Us

Legal Talk

What a Parent with Child Custody Needs to Do Before Relocating

        If you have primary or equal custody of your child and you plan to move – and bring the child with you – you must notify the child’s other parent. The law provides for how and when notice must be given, and what must be included in the notice. You must give notice at least 60 days before you intend to move. Failure to give notice may be a factor in whether the move is allowed. The parent that fails to give notice may be ordered to pay the other parent’s expenses and attorney fees in objecting to the relocation.  More

Defendant payors must take Medicare’s interest into account

If you make payments under liability insurance or self-insurance, don’t rely solely on the claimant or his attorney to take Medicare’s interest into account. If the government is not repaid the medical bills fronted by Medicare, then the feds can pursue the Medicare beneficiary, his attorney and the liability payer for repayment. That is a message reiterated in a recent federal court opinion from Arizona, Haro v Sebelius (D. Arizona May 5, 2011), No. 4:09-cv-00134-DCB:  More

Recent Posts