AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Medical Malpractice Defense and Healthcare Law
- Personal Injury and Business Mediation
- General Business and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Tax, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate
Alan’s family has long been active in the offshore supply and support vessel industry, and he has maintained his interest in admiralty and maritime cases. He has co-authored papers on construction bond liability and on insurance coverage disputes. Alan has also mediated disputes involving personal injury, real estate, contracts and employment discrimination.
Alan was born in Cameron, Louisiana, on June 27, 1959. He is married to Carlene Guidry McCall. He has three children, is a member of Immaculate Conception Cathedral, and served as a member of the Diocesan School Board, for the Dioceses of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Admitted to bar, 1984, Louisiana. Education: McNeese State University (B.S., 1981); Louisiana State University (J.D., 1984). Phi Kappa Phi. Served as law clerk for the 14th Judicial District Court, Louisiana. Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association (Continuing Legal Education Luncheon Seminar Committee, Chairman, 1998); Louisiana State Bar Association; and American Bar Association (Business Law and Tort and Insurance Practice Sections). Serves as an Associate Bar Examiner for Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure Examination.
- Benoit v. City of Lake Charles, 907 So.2d 931 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 2005)
- Faubion v. Marshall, 246 B.R. 829 (W.D.La. 2000)
- Phillips v. Fisher, 634 So.2d 1305 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 1994)
- Lakeside Nat’l Bank v. Vinson Bros., Inc., 607 So.2d 1009 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 1992).
- St. Margaret Catholic Church Parish Council, Past Vice-President
- St. Margaret Catholic Church Community Services Commission, Past Chairman
- Diocese of Lake Charles, School Board Member (1997-2001)
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 208, Merit Badge Instructor-Law and Crime Prevention