Established Lake Charles Law Firm Provides Skillful Guidance
Respected Louisiana attorneys take on a wide variety of legal concerns
At Stockwell, Sievert, Viccellio, Clements & Shaddock, L.L.P., our mission is to provide our clients in Lake Charles, Louisiana and the surrounding areas with the best legal representation possible. We provide legal services to individuals and to businesses of every size, in most areas of litigation and in all kinds of personal and business law transactions, including those related to the healthcare, insurance, construction and real estate fields. We draw on our extensive years of experience and breadth of knowledge to advocate strongly for the people and companies we represent.
Effective lawyers focus on achieving clients’ objectives
Founded in 1934, we are the largest law firm in Lake Charles. Each day, we are dedicated to honoring and building upon that legacy by ensuring that clients are served by attorneys who are:
- Accomplished — As experienced trial advocates and insightful advisers, we have built a strong record of accomplishing what people and businesses hire us to do.
- Respected — Firm attorneys William B. Monk, Emmett C. Sole, John Stanton Bradford and Andrew D. McGlathery, III and have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings from Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work. With all of our lawyers, you can be certain that your concerns will be treated with respect by adversaries and judges.
- Community-focused — Whether we’re representing someone from Southwest Louisiana or assisting a company that does business here, our firm proudly represents this community and is committed to the success of its members.
From start to finish, we give businesses, families and individuals honest, effective counsel and actively pursue their goals using a variety of legal methods.
Dedicated advocates handle business, family, property and litigation matters
Our firm handles a wide range of legal issues, including matters related to:
- Family law — We advise clients in various types of family law matters, including divorce proceedings and disputes over child custody, child support and spousal support.
- Business and banking law — Our attorneys offer knowledgeable counsel in litigation and advisory matters to businesses of all types and sizes. Whether you need assistance with business formation, contracts, issues relating to mergers and acquisitions or another commercial concern, you can rely on us for representation tailored to your needs. We have the skill and experience to handle complex issues, such as matters relating to the banking and healthcare industries.
- Estate planning — Effective estate planning protects your loved ones and ensures that your intentions are honored. If you’re looking to draft a will, establish a trust or get information about potential tax consequences, our attorneys are here to help.
- Real estate — With a strong background in real estate law, several firm attorneys assist with residential and commercial property issues, such as transactions, title matters and foreclosures.
- Bankruptcy — In a full range of consumer and business bankruptcy proceedings, we deliver strong representation on behalf of creditors.
- Civil litigation — Regardless of the specific type of civil litigation dispute you’re engaged in, including environmental claims, our lawyers offer knowledgeable, assertive advocacy.
- Employment law — If you require effective counsel for a management-side employment law challenge, we’ll work to resolve the issue and minimize the disruption to your business.
- Admiralty and maritime law — Throughout several decades, our attorneys have advised clients on sophisticated admiralty and maritime law matters that affect Louisiana companies and residents.
- Insurance defense — Major carriers from around the United States rely on us to litigate insurance defense cases throughout the state, including medical malpractice defense and other professional liability defense matters.
Having served a broad range of clients for more than 85 years, our firm makes sure you understand the potential long-term consequences associated with your decisions.
Schedule an appointment with an accomplished Louisiana lawyer regarding your issue
Stockwell, Sievert, Viccellio, Clements & Shaddock, L.L.P. represents clients in a wide range of Louisiana legal matters. To set up an appointment, please call 337-436-9491 or contact us online. Our office is in the Chase Building in downtown Lake Charles.