AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Insurance Defense
- Labor, Employment and Workers’ Compensation
Todd is the past president of the Southwest Louisiana Association of Defense counsel, is a past as a member of the executive committee for the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Lake Charles Symphony. Todd’s practice has been focused primarily on personal injury defense, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, coverage disputes and maritime law. He has participated in the presentation of seminars on workers’ compensation and maritime law, and has been an instructor in Torts and Maritime law in McNeese State University’s paralegal program. Todd currently serves as the chairman of the Automobile Insurance Defense Section of the firm.
Todd was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana, on January 26, 1965. He is married to Christy Drum Ammons, D.D.S., and they have two sons. Todd enjoys golf and spending time with his family. They are members of Immaculate Conception Cathedral Catholic Church.
Admitted to bar, 1992, Louisiana. Education: McNeese State University (B.S., 1988); Loyola University (J.D., 1992). Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association; Federal Bar Association; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; and Southwest Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (President/Secretary/Treasurer, 1995-1999). Loyola Law Review (Member, 1991-1992); Loyola Trial Competition Team (Member, 1992).
- Hodgen v. Forest Oil Corp., LEXIS 13302; 13314; 13315 (W.D. La. 1994);
- Plaisance v. Beef Connection Steakhouse, LEXIS 6389 (E.D. La. 1998);
- Southern Hotels Ltd. Pshp. v. Lloyd’s Underwriters at London Cos., LEXIS 8384 (E.D. La. 1997);
- Johnson v. St. Patrick Hosp., 832 So.2d 1162 (La.App. 3d Cir. 2002).