AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Healthcare Law
- Environmental Litigation
Ben has focused his practice on medical malpractice defense and toxic torts, with special emphasis on hospital and physician defense. He has also handled numerous asbestos cases across the state.
Ben was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana, on November 26, 1966. He is married to Jill Foote Guilbeau, and they have two children. He enjoys Rotisserie sports, New Orleans Saints football and LSU sports.
Admitted to bar, 1991, Louisiana; 1992, U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana. Education: Louisiana State University (B.A., 1988); Loyola University (J.D., 1991). Served on the Loyola Law Review (1991), on the staff of Moot Court at Loyola University (1991), and in the Loyola Law Clinical Practice Program. Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association; and Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Louisiana Hospital Association.
ABRIDGED LISTING OF REPORTED CASES:
- McGlothlin v. Christus St. Patrick Hosp., 2010-2775 (La. 7/1/11); 65 So.2d 1218
- Brooks v. Christus Health Southwestern Louisiana, 954 So.2d 393 (La.App. 3 Cir. Apr. 4, 2007)
- Thomas v. Southwest Louisiana Hosp. Ass’n, 833 So.2d 548 (La.App. 3 Cir., Dec. 11, 2002)
- Owens v. Boh Bros. Const. Co., Inc., 816 So.2d 311 (La.App. 3 Cir. Feb. 6, 2002)
- Gill v. Ethicon, Inc., LEXIS 24000 and 24003 (2001).
- Ardoin v. Mills, 780 So.2d 1265 (La.App. 3 Cir., March 8, 2001)
- Rajnowski v. St. Patrick Hosp. of Lake Charles, 768 So.2d 88 (La.App. 3 cir., June 7, 2000)
- Decker v. Kibler, 731 So.2d 282 (La.App. 3 cir., March 17, 1999)
- Johnson v. Lake Charles Memorial Hosp., 692 So.2d 514 (La.App. 3 Cir., March 5, 1997)
- Snider v. La. Med. Mut. Ins. Co., 130 So. 3d. 922 (La. 2013)
- Snider v. La. Med. Mut. Ins. Co., 169 So. 3d. 319 (La. 2015)
- Snider v. La. Med. Mut Ins. Co., 178 So. 3d 1133 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2015)
- Appointed by Governor Edwards to the Louisiana State Racing Commission
Lake Charles OfficeAddress
One Lakeside Plaza
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601PhoneFax