AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury and Business Mediation
- Medical Malpractice Defense and Healthcare Law
- Insurance Defense
Mr. McGlathery is of counsel with Stockwell, Sievert, Viccellio, Clements, & Shaddock located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Mr. McGlathery has been practicing law for 35 years. He practiced in Natchitoches from 1982-1991 and has practiced in Lake Charles from 1991 to the present. Prior to being a full time mediator, he was a litigator (plaintiff and defense) his entire career.
Mr. McGlathery has established 'ANDREW McGLATHERY MEDIATION.' Mr. McGlathery previously was a Mediator with McLaughlin McGlathery Mediation and was on the Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions Panel for 8 years.
Andy has conducted more than 1,600 mediations (85%+ Success Rate) throughout Louisiana and in Texas. He has extensive experience in complex, multi-party litigation cases (Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home, Trucking, Railroad, Road Hazard/Defect, Oilfield Legacy, Product Liability, Insurance Coverage, Construction, Maritime, Expropriation, Environmental, Business, and Property & Casualty).
He received formal mediation training, has been an active mediator since 2003, and a full time mediator for 6+ years. He was selected to be a mediator in the Hurricane Mediation Program created by the Louisiana Insurance Commissioner and conducted more than 450 hurricane mediations. He has been selected and appointed by the Courts to serve as an Umpire and as a Special Master in numerous cases.
Andy has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018 Editions, which is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Martindale-Hubbell: Awarded a Rating of “AV” Preeminent, representing the highest possible rating by his peers in both legal ability and ethical standards.
He was selected by his peers as a Top Lawyer in Acadiana in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 which is published in the Acadiana Profile Magazine.
He has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Attorneys in Louisiana for 2013-2017.
He is a Charter Member of the Louisiana Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. Members are selected by their peers and bound to meet stringent practice criteria. Membership is by invitation only and limited to Mediators who have proven experience in their field.
He has been selected to the America’s Most Honored Professionals for 2016-2018. This Award recognizes the “Best of the Best” – the TOP 1 % of CEOs, doctors, attorneys, brokers, entrepreneurs, contractors, and individuals from most all industries and professions.
He was recently selected for Lifetime Achievement among America’s Top 100 Attorneys. To help ensure that all attorneys selected for this honor meet the very high standards expected for selection, candidates for lifetime membership are carefully screened through comprehensive qualitative comparative analysis based on a broad array of criteria, including the candidate’s professional experience, lifetime achievements, significant case results, peer reputation, and community impact. With these extremely high standards for selection to America’s Top 100 Attorneys®, less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States will receive this honor — truly the most exclusive and elite level of attorneys in the community.
He has been a Speaker on Mediations at a number of Seminars. He has a reputation for always being prepared and for being a relentless worker.
- B.A., Northwestern State University (1978)
- J.D., Louisiana State University School of Law (1982)
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Louisiana
- Served many years as Chairman of a Hearing Committee for the Louisiana State Bar Association Disciplinary Board; previously served on State Court Bench Bar Liaison Committee
- Louisiana Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Insurance, Negligence and Worker's Compensation Sections)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Tort, Insurance, Litigation Sections)
- Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- The Rotary Club of Lake Charles
- Delta Theta Phi
- Member of Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church; previously served as School Board Member for Our Lady Queen of Heaven School
- The Chamber/Southwest Louisiana (Graduate of Leadership Program)
- Dixie Youth Baseball Coach
- Basketball Coach at OLQH School
Andy and his wife, Jeanne Baer McGlathery, have four children and four grandchildren.
He enjoys being involved in church activities, spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, and attending sporting events.
Lake Charles OfficeAddress
One Lakeside Plaza
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601PhoneFax