AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Insurance Defense
- Labor, Employment and Workers’ Compensation
Brian is a member of the firm’s Special Investigations Unit and frequently conducts seminars on fraud investigation, interviewing techniques and workers’ compensation issues. His focus has been in the area of insurance and self-insured defense of Casualty, automobile accidents, and worker’s compensation, as well as, the investigation of suspected fraudulent claims. Brian has given presentations on how to detect when a witness is lying and devised a plan on how to prove it in court. He has given presentations and training workshops on this topic throughout the country, for clients, state organizations, seminars and numerous defense associations and human resources associations. Since 1993, he has been honored by his peers with a Distinguished Rating from Martindale-Hubbell for his legal ability and ethical standards.
Brian was born in Shreveport, Louisiana, on January 17, 1959. He is married to Dana Berthelot Coody and is the father of two children. He enjoys golf, baseball and oil painting.
Admitted to bar, 1984, Louisiana. Education: Centenary College (B.S., 1981): Louisiana State University (J.D., 1984). Alpha Chi. Served as law clerk for the 14th Judicial District Court, 1984-1985. Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association (House of Delegates, 1998-2002 & 2006-2012); American Bar Association; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (Membership Committee); Southwest Louisiana Defense Counsel; Calcasieu Industrial Relations Board; Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Task Force); Louisiana Young Lawyers Association (District Representative, 1993); Louisiana State University Fire Training Program (Speaker on arson defense and investigation, 1992); and The Chamber/Southwest (Young Leadership Course, 1994). Certified in Advanced Arson Investigation and Kinesic Interviewing Techniques. V.C.C. counsel for bi-yearly meetings. Baton Rouge Bar Association.
- Tabchouri v. Progressive Ins. Co., 775 So.2d 1127 (La.App. 3d Cir. 2000);
- Nelson v. Roadway Express, Inc., 573 So.2d 591 (La.App. 2d Cir. 1991);
- Henderson v. Louisiana Downs, Inc., 566 So.2d 1059 (La.App. 2d Cir. 1990);
- Myers v. Nunsett, 511 So.2d 1287 (La.App. 2d Cir. 1987);
- Butterfield v. Turner Industries, 951 So.2d 476 (La.App. 3 Cir. Feb. 7, 2007);
- Superior Supply Co. v. Associated Pipe & Supply, 499 So.2d 558 (La.App. 2 Cir. Dec. 3, 1986).
- Past Partners in Manhood Organization, Board Vice President, Youth Mentor
- ALPHA Organization
- Past Political Campaign Regional Organizer for 1995 Governor’s Election
- South Lake Charles USSSA Little League Baseball, Coach
- Past Board of Lake Area USSSA Little League Baseball, Vice-President
- Public and Private Speaker on topics of Fraud Investigation and Discovery Issues
- Appointed to the Annual Meeting Committee of the Association of Defense Trial Attorney
Lake Charles OfficeAddress
One Lakeside Plaza
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601PhoneFax