AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Phone (337) 493-7269
- Direct Fax 337.312.2927
Lee W. Boyer
Lee has over 30 years' experience in all facets of family law cases and has headed the firm's family law practice for the last 20 years. Since 1999, Lee has also gained extensive experience in the areas of real estate, title insurance, commercial transactions and has represented numerous local developers regarding shopping centers, commercial buildings, subdivision developments and joint ventures.
Lee was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana, on April 26, 1957. Lee is the father of two children and enjoys saltwater fishing and hunting.
Admitted to bar, 1984, Louisiana; admitted to bar, 2001, Texas; U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana. Education: Louisiana State University (B.S., 1979; J.D., 1983). Served as law clerk for the Honorable Edwin F. Hunter, U.S. District Judge for Western District of Louisiana (1984). Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association; the Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Louisiana; Southwest Louisiana Title Examiners Roundtable; Notarial Committee for Calcasieu Parish (Chairman, 1998 and 2003); The Texas State Bar Association and Southwest La. Family Law Section (Chairman, 2011 and 2012).
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Big Brother of the Year (1997)
- Young Men’s Business Club
- Youth Hockey League, Pirate Kids
- South Lake Charles Dixie Youth Baseball, Coach
- Coastal Conservation Association
Crime Stoppers of Lake Charles, Inc. (Chairman, 2002)
Literacy Council of Southwest Louisiana (President, 2007)
- Wheels of Hope charity bicycle ride to benefit the St. Nicholas Center (Event Coordinator, 2012-present)
- Thomason vs Thomason, 776 So2d 553 (3rd Cir. 2000)
- Litton vs. Litton, 879 So2d 907 (3rd. Cir. 2004)
- Findley vs. Findley, 937 So2d 912 (3rd Cir. 2004)
- Comeaux vs. Comeaux, 7 So3d 110 (3rd Cir. 2009)
- King vs. Moton, 09 821 (3rd Cir. 2010)
- Trahan vs. 2010 Beglis, LLC, 81 So. 3d 192 (3rd Cir. 2011)