AREAS OF PRACTICE
- General Business and Commercial Litigation
Tom was born in Sulphur, Louisiana, on July 24, 1959. He is married to Shirley Ann Morgan Henning and is the father of two children. He is a member of First United Methodist Church of Lake Charles.
Tom served as a Director and as Secretary/General Counsel of UNWR, a NASDAQ-N.M. listed public company, until Sprint/Nextel purchased UNWR in 2005. Henning has also been serving on numerous community boards and institutions, including the McNeese State University Foundation, the West Calcasieu-Cameron Hospital Foundation, Our Lady Queen of Heaven School Board President, and Barbe High Soccer Board President. In the aftermath of Hurricane Rita, Governor Blanco appointed Tom to the Board of Directors of the Louisiana Recovery Authority, the planning and coordinating body formed to help implement recovery activities and to prioritize short and long-term recovery needs.
Admitted to bar, 1984, Louisiana. Education: Louisiana State University (B.S., 1981; J.D., 1984). Delta Theta Phi. Member: Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association; American Bar Association (Forum Committee of Communications Law); and Fellows of the American Bar Association.
- Contraband Days, Inc., Advisory Board Legal Advisor (1987-2014)
- Samaritan Counseling Center for Imperial Calcasieu, Board Member (1987-1994), Past President, Past Vice President, Past Treasurer, Past Secretary
- Crimestoppers, Inc., Board Member (1989-1995)
- Children’s Museum of Lake Charles, Board Member (1991-1995)
- Coastal Conservation Association, Lake Charles Chapter Board Member (1987-2000)
- First United Methodist Church of Lake Charles, Administrative Board President (1993-1996); Finance Committee Chairman (1996-1998)
- Friend of Louisiana Public Broadcasting, Board of Directors (1994-1997)
- SWLHS, Inc. (a for-profit subsidiary of Lake Charles Memorial Hospital) (2002-2009)
- McNeese State University Foundation Board (2006-Present)
- West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital Foundation Board (2005-Present)